Friday, February 20, 2009

Chunky Monkey...Doggy

Gavin the big boy, the big brother and some comments on his Owen. Sometimes Owen spits up, ok, well always spits up. Sometimes I say in a baby voice, “Owen you got chunky monkey spit-ups.” With which Gavin follows up with, “chunky doggy spit-ups,” then he chuckles, like he knows he is being funny. Sometimes I have Owen "doggy pile" on Gavin and they both think that’s fun for a second. Then Gavin yells spit-ups because he is afraid of the up chuck that may very well follow.
So, tonight as I was trying to calm Owen down. I was at a loss at what to do. Gavin kept telling me to be happy. Then he noticed that Owen was still crying. He doesn’t cry too often, but when he does he has a loud wail. Gavin said, “Mom, Owen’s crying.” I tried to explain that he was sad. I asked him what would make him happy. We decided to have Gavin try to calm him down. He gave him a couple of hugs and kisses, and it worked! He calmed down. It was a miracle! I swear they have a special bond. Owen loves to be near Gavin and watch him. He especially loves it when Gavin interacts with him. He doesn’t even seem to mind to bad when Gavin “accidentally” hits him.

They say you are what you spit up. Owen is a chunky monkey and we all love it. (I got jealous of all of baby Ranier's rolly-polly pictures and took some of my own, thanks for the idea Jolene.)

Oh and I found this on my camera tonight and a bunch of other self portraits and random shots. Gavin loves my camera and I can always tell when he has gotten to it.


Peace Out,
Tate

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I like the pics Tatum. It was so fun seeing you guys the other night. Loved it. I also love chunky babies...we both have them :) It's crazy how much the boys are growing up..Gavin is such a big boy. I got a new office desk too! Yay for us girls who spend so much time on these blogs

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

Your boys are so cute! I can't wait til we can hang out again hopefully the next time won't be drama cause I think we've had enough of those rough patches!lol

Teague & Jakelle said...

Oh my! That is too funny...I love the things little kids come up with. You have two very handsome little men.

Tamzen Fleming said...

So sweet. Brothers are a good thing!

Cari said...

Very Cute post. I love those cute little boys you have. How fun!

The AZ Gearharts said...

OOOh he looks so yummy I want to squeeze him and eat him all up! And since our two little men have the same problem I won't even mind the chunky doggy spit-up. I hope we get to see you sometime soon. Post more chubby pics...those are my favorite...can you tell?