Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Birth of Liam








So I was scheduled for an induction on September 17th. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't make it to that date. I was already dilated to a 4 the week before he was born. I wanted to be able to make make it to the scheduled date but I was so ready to be done being pregnant. However, I actually made it to the 17th. It was such a blessing to have him on the 17th and here are a few reasons why.
-First my mom was able to be there for the birth of her 17th grandchild born on the 17th. He is the golden grand baby.
-My sweet, in-laws came at 7 and waited with me until the hospital said I could come in. Then they took the boys, and I knew they were well taken care of.
-I was already dilated to a 6 by the time I got there. (No wonder I was so irritable that week)
-Liam was born in just a few hours. I headed to the hospital at 9 and my water was broken around 11. Contraction were slow and steady and not painful the first couple of hours. I grew tired of breathing through the contraction and I started to feel like it was taking to long to get to the pushing part. I thought it would be over in an hour but the slow steady pace was probably more bearable.
-My mom and midwife and husband were all there and the conversations they were having felt very calming and in between contractions I would join in.
-I have my children naturally and I remembered the pain of Owen less than two years ago all to well. But knowing that pain and how to do it all again never left me it actually helped me.
-I was determined to not scream or loss control at the end. I don't know what it was, my mom's peaceful ora, the awesome midwife, my pre-determined thoughts, my husband actually not laughing at my pushing, or it being my third time, but I was able to make it through from start to finish the way I wanted to. It was amazing!
-I was so worried before Liam came into this family. I doubted if I could handle it all. So, I was so glad to have such a positive start on his entrance into this world.
-My mom had mentioned to me the night before Liam was born that she thought each labor she had said a little about our personalities. I feel with Liam's birth he was saying, "I am not here to burden you mom, I will make this as easy as possible on you." So far that seems to be true to his little character. He is easy going. Loves being here with all of us, goes with the flow of our fast paced, crazy, loud, family and any time he is held he adores you for doing so and makes you feel so important. I love when we make eye contact and he smiles so big, he is so sweet. He had my heart the moment they handed him and he held on to my thumb so tight.
-I am so lucky he came to me and I am beyond happy to be his mom. We all love him so much and can't wait to see life unfold with the addition of Liam.

6 comments:

Janet Schlosser said...

He's so sweet! I'm very happy for you and your beautiful family!

Love ya!
Janet

Nikki said...

Oh I'm so glad you are back to the blogging world!! I love that story and i love how you wrote it...you are such an amazing mom and birther:)

MISS YOU!!

Nikki said...

Oh I'm so glad you are back to the blogging world!! I love that story and i love how you wrote it...you are such an amazing mom and birther:)

MISS YOU!!

Christy Smith said...

Congratulations! He's so adorable and I love the Halloween pic at the top! I'm glad you guys are doing so well!

The Gearharts said...

K I'm a dork, I'm crying...Liam really does seem like such a sweet little guy. Sure love ya.

bxngmelly said...

Congrats! I stumbled upon your blog. My baby was born on Sept. 6th! My delivery wasn't as pleasant as yours though!