Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back in Dekalb






Hi Everyone,
So I finally got the chance to come and visit my parents out in Dekalb. I have been dying to thier new home. And it is even more beautiful than the pictures that I have seen. More than seeing it there is a feel to it that feels like home to me. It's weird, I know, because I have never been here before. But it has a cozy, quaint, feel to it, just like the home I grew up in back in Colorado. It has been a little cooler here too. So it feels like autumn time has already settled in here. There is a patch of leaves that have already fallen on the ground that are the perfect shades of red and orange. Yesterday, we even went to an apple orchard and a pumpkin patch today. I love it here. And everywhere you go there are fields of without end of corn and soy beans. My mother tried to talk me into going over to a field by a store and getting some with her. My own mother wanting me to snatch up some beans. See where I get my wild side from.

And now ready for this...I saw Wicked! Can you believe that I finally got to see it. My obssession with the musical began back in 2004 or 5 when Stephanie's (my old roomie) sister gave her the music. We used to blare that music everywhere and sing at the top of our lungs. I think we were pretty good back in the day. Anyways, now years later I finally saw it. It was Wicked, I wish I could see it again tonight.

We rode a train from Elburn into Chicgago. Downtown was cool, I rode in my first taxi, and saw the L-Train and were they filmed parts of the new Batman movie that I am afraid to go see. Being in downtown and riding the train makes me feel all shabby shick. I was a fun night.

Meanwhile Taft watched Gavin. I was a little nervous to leave him because he has recently been potty trained. But Taft was a champ and Gavin loves "Uncle Taft" so much. He even wanted to put on his shoes and go to work with him this morning. I think he missed his Dad too. Jason is working in Arizona this week. Tonight he was acting like he was playing hide and seek and looking for his dad.


Well, we leave tomorrow and I can't believe it. It was a short trip but I am glad we were able to make it out here. Gavin was an amazing flyer on the way out here. Flirting with the flight attendant and anyone that looked his way. He made so many friends. And tomorrow is the last day he can ride free. What a way to ride out his last day of being a 1 year old.
More to come soon,
Tate

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad you are having fun! Can't wait til you come back. I'm glad you got to see Wicked! How fun for you...and I'm glad you got to get out and about with your mom...now go pick some beans!

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

your so lucky you get to travel so much. I'm getting more and more jealous of everyone traveling. Oh well I guess next year we'll have more luck. I'm glad you got to go see your parents place! It sounds like fun!

Tamzen Fleming said...

Looks like fun. Wish I was there with you guys! Steal some corn for me!

The AZ Gearharts said...

Sounds like fun. We will definately have to try to get out there again all together for Cousins trip part deux!