Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July...I guess.

So, what a busy weekend. I am almost recovered and the last load of laundry is almost done. With the 4th on Friday, Tenille, Taft and there friends, Lawerence, Lina and Lindsay, got here on Thursday. (The three L's as Teague calls them.) On Thursday night we went swimming and played some games, none of which I won. The next morning we all woke up early so we could drive to Provo to catch some of the parade with Teague and Jakelle. It was so much fun, and luckily it was sorta over cast otherwise the 100 degrees would have been torture. Gavin loved all the bands, floats, trucks and car. I taught him to say, "good job band." He said it everytime a band walked by. After the parade we walked to Village in for Breakfast. Why we walked I don't know. I haven't excersized to much latley and I thought I was going to have the baby as we walked over the train tracks. Just kidding. Maybe it was just my pre-pregnancy pant were cutting off my circulation even though they were all the way un-zipped. It was so worth it, cause breakfast was so good. Man I love food. On the walk back to Teague's house Gavin wanted to stop and play every couple of steps. It's a good thing Teague and Jakelle came and picked us up the last few blocks.

Later we headed to the mall so I could get a pair of pants that fit and to cool off. The rest of the day was spent waiting for the fire works by the Staduim of Fire. We waited there for about 6 hours. Thanks to Teague we got the same great spot that we had last year. We ate Pizza, lit fireworks, got a bunch of free food and stuff from venders, played games. Jason even took Gavin's bike and he rode it in the street after it was blocked off. We also had some substitute nephews help us with the fireworks. They were cute, but they made me miss Brody and Payton. Maybe next year we can all be together for the 4th. (The rest of my family was in Dekalb, Illinois visiting my parents new place) When the fireworks started it was amazing, definatley worth the wait. Gavin did much better this year. He was still a little nevous and tried to run away from the firework. So I covered his ears and held him tight. We were so close you could feel the fire works. I think even the baby was like, what the heck is happening out there. I love my boys they are the best!

The day was good, except the part were some rude people ran a way red light and cut us off. We told them that they were rude and they told us to chill and it was all good and flashed us a peace sign. Yeah it's cool be jerks, way to celebrate your freedom. Nothing makes me more irritated than things like that. So as we passed them a few miles later I mocked them and gave them a peace sign. They hung there heads out the window and yelled some nasty thing to me, while I yelled "Happy Independence Day...I guess."

Ok so the rest of the weekend was just a jam packed and fun. Saturday morning we all slept in. Then we went swimming at our pool. I forgot to mention how much Gavin loves company. He loves to go from one person to the next. Man that boy love to have lots of attention. And everyone was loving giving it to him. He is still saying everyones names, hoping that when someone comes to the door it all of those people again. He was a bit disapointed when it was just his dad yesterday. Anyways we went bowling later that afternoon and I wish I had my camera there. Gavin had this little bowling ramp to push the ball onto the alley and he was so excited to bowl with us. And man I saw some moves that he has never danced before. He was digging the music at Orchid Bowl.

Needless to say we were sad to see everyone leave Sunday evening. And I think we could have slept all day yesterday.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That sounds like so much fun! Wow it seems like you guys are always busy with family!! How fun. Let's get together sometime soon ok?

The AZ Gearharts said...

Tate, wish you could have been with us, but sounds like you all had fun too. I'm still recovering from the trip....I'm a terrible pregnant lady! I'm trying to work something out so we can see you when we're up in UT, which should be the same time Tamzen is in town. We'll see what we can do but we'll only be up there for a short period of time.