Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Refreshing

Today was one of those day that you think, "why can't everyday be this blissful?" Other than the fact that my hubby is out of town for the night, today is one worth remembering. Nothing big, just a good day.
So for about a week I have heard that today was going to bring a big change in weather. Were talking temps from up in the 90's, all the way down to 50's today. I love fall, but I haven't felt very fallish yet. I have some decoration out but it felt odd to even have them out, until today! So I got the boys all dressed in there halloween shirts, put on my own fall sweater, and socks. I love cozy warm socks. We took Jason to the airport around lunchtime. Gavin is learning to recognize place we go now and was asking Jason if he could get on the airplane with him. It was so sweet. Then Jason left it was sad, but then... As he was walking into the airport, he bumped into a pole and the two big boxes he had to take with him fell. Crazy man trying to take so much in with him. He looked slightly embarresed as he turned to see us watching it all. I have never loved my cute husband more than at that moment. We are quite the match, that is exactly what would have happened to me in that situation.
So we came home had some lunch, sang, danced and played. Gavin has really likes staying home more and when I ask what he wants to do today he replies, play games, watch a show. He is really into making up games these day and giving them awesome names. I wish I could remeber the one he made up yesterday for dumping a set of letters in one containier to the next.
Both the boys took long naps due to getting over thier colds. It was great. Then we had soup, a mock Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Yum, so so so good. We went on a walk just so we could get all bundled up and enjoy the brisk air. It was so refreshing! Then we danced to my ipod, jumped on my bed, tickled Owen and read books.

Here is a picute of Owen right before he realized that he could stand and took two steps. He is almost there, I give him two more weeks till he is full on walking. He already climbs all the way to the top of our stairs. I have to watch him like a hawk!

The boxes of letters have resurfaced, I try to put some of them away on the sly but he wanted them all out again the other day. As I was cleaning them up tonight, I noticed a few things. Jason said he thinks he makes secret stashes in every room in the house.

This symbolized Gavin and Owen he likes that with his brother he can spell the owrd GO.

This is his "little" letter family Jason, Gavin, Owen and Tatum.
What a funny kid.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Gotta love it when Heavenly Father throws you a couple good days in the mix. With me being in an especially funky rut lately, it was refreshing to see that life can be perfect every once in a while. When you came by last night with your two cute kids all bundled up and you looking all superstar cute I thought... That Tatum. Darn her! (As I am standing in scrubs and hair that hasn't been washed for a few days, makeup totally smeared and hair in a bit of a funk.) I thought... She always says she doesn't have it all together but I BEG to differ. You can tell you love being a mommy and you embrace it. I wish I were more like that, a little less frustrated a little more low key. HA! Then you have a friend like me to try to rain on your parade with my complaints about life, and you are always so supportive through that. How do you do it?

I am NOT worthy! (picture me bowing down to you in all your cute glory and me in the same outfit I was in last night, which probably had a little poo and food and milk all over it!)

Nikki said...

I miss you and love you...your posts make me smile so big. Miles is sitting on my lap and when he sees the pics of the boys he points and goes "oooooHHHHHH" He knows them!!! I love that you are such a good and fun mom. Seriously Tatum, I've always admired you for that. Keep inspiring...even if you don't think you do much...you do more than me! And I like to look up to your sweet bum mothering skills yo!