Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The AMAZING Race

This past weekend we had our annual family amazing race. This was the sixth year it has been up and running. This year we planned it, cause it's best to be the planner when I have to opt out of a lot of things because I am pregnant. Jason actually took charge of a majority of the planning. It was kinda fun to seem him get all into to it. So this year consisted of a Golfing tournement, and IKEA scavenger hunt, a race up Ensign peak. All of this happened friday morning while I was home with my boys and my sweet 6 month old nephew, Luke. Which was such a good chance for me to get a feel of what life with three little boys will be like. It was a really easy going morning, so I am a little more at ease about things. Then around lunchtime my good friend Rachael, watched my boys so I could go out to eat with the whole family at Firehouse Pizzaria, and to the park for a name that movie game and a water balloon games. After that I headed back home with Luke while the rest of the gang went paintballing. Which sounded like a lot of fun but the welts and bruising looked painful. Ouch!
After that everyone came back to our pad for a pool party and barbaque. We all ate swam and wrapped up the night, so we could rest up for the next day of fun.
The next day we had rented Jetskis and made a comfy spot on the beach at Deer Creek Resevoir. The kids played in sand, muddy water and played all day. I think all of the kids tryed the jetskis. Owen loved it and wanted to go out a couples of times. I convienced Gavin to go out once and he enjoyed it as long as I stayed under 7 mph, but I went a tad faster a few times and he was ok but hesitant. When we got back he said, "I'm going to tell Butch(papo) that was scary-ish fun. It was a good day everyone had a blast. Now we all want to find a way to own a Jetski. Then we ended the day by finding our campsite, eating some yummy meatball subs, starring into the campfire, songs, marshmallows and quality family fun. I truly love the family I have married into. It doesn't matter what we do, it's always fun!

Picture to come later, my father in law Butch took tons of pictures and I didn't even snap a single photo amidst all the fun.

No comments: