Monday, August 23, 2010

Saturday!

I adore the weekends. I love being home with my three men. This Saturday Gavin started soccer. When he was going to bed on Friday we told to go to sleep quickly so he would have enough energy to play soccer in the morning.
Well bright and early at seven, even though he didn't get to bed so early, he was ready to go. He was at my bedside in his soccer shorts and t-shirt wanting me to put on his new tennis shoes.

He was so excited. So after much anticipation at nine we showed up to practice. It was so cute! And there are two boys from our neighborhood on his team. I haven't seen him smile so big before. His first game is the 18th and he has one more practice before he is ready for the big game.


So the rest of the day we hung out, cleaned up the garage, swam and got ready to take the boys to their grandma's while we went out!
I have so been looking forward to some one on one time with my husband. I feel like I haven't been able to do that in a while. We went to the Pizza Factory and saw Inception. And my mother-in-law had us take her car, a VW convertible beetle, my favorite car! The cherry on top of an already awesome day! Jason didn't even get a chance to drive it.





The only drawback was a rude dude saying, "get in my belly." After I waddled past him and his girl to the bathroom. I know I am big but that was so rude, I wanted to stop and tell him off, but I really had to pee. Then when I came back out he wouldn't look my direction at all so I could give him a dirty look. Oh well I can hardly blame him because I ate so much at the Pizza Factory I was even bigger than normal.

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

Remember the time you almost crashed my car like 5 million times and you almost drove us off a cliff! Those were good times!

Linda said...

Rude! I can't believe that guy made a comment like that. I hope his woman slapped him for it. But at least you had an awesome night with the hubs! And I love Gavin's big smiley picture. You have some of the littlest stud muffins!